March 2, 2016

Need-Based Financial Aid Important, Full Funding Needed

For years, millions of scholarship dollars have been diverted away from Kentucky’s need-based financial aid programs to the General Fund. Kentucky has two need-based financial aid programs funded by the lottery, called College Access Program (CAP) and the Kentucky Tuition Grant. According to state law, lottery funding should be split three ways, with $3 million going directly to literacy programs, the next 45 percent going to the merit-based Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship (KEES) and the remaining 55 percent split between […]